You don’t feel satisfied with a mini drone because it’s not quite small enough? Are you looking for a micro drone that you can operate in the comfort of your own living room?
Let’s look at the top micro drones currently available.
Why do I need a micro drone?
You may wonder why you would even need such a tiny drone. Well, there are a couple of reasons to get a micro drone. Here are a few reasons:
- You may have a bigger and more expensive drone in your possession. But what if the weather is so bad that you just can’t fly with this drone? What could you do in this situation? If the weather outside is bad, you should consider buying a micro drone that you can fly inside your home. Build a small obstacle course in your living room and improve your skills as a drone pilot while it’s raining. Who knows, maybe soon you can participate in the Drone Racing League.
- A micro drone is perfect for just flying around for fun. They are typically very cheap and you can fly them however you want without having to worry about breaking something. You can do risky stunts and weird experiments that you would never dare to do with an expensive drone.
- Do you have children who desperately want a drone? Of course, you can’t let them fly around unattended with your thousand dollar drone. This is where a micro drone comes in handy. If you are looking for a toy drone for your kids, these tiny drones are perfect.
- A micro drone is an excellent option to consider taking up if you are completely new to the hobby of flying drones and simply do not feel comfortable piloting a more expensive model. You are interested in purchasing a more expensive model, but before you do so, you want to ensure that you will be able to fly it safely and effectively. Beginners who want to learn how to fly a drone before investing in a more expensive model should start with a micro drone because it is easier to handle. In any case, these micro drones are a lot of fun to play with, and if one of them crashes, it won’t set you back a lot of money to replace it, given how inexpensive they are in comparison to larger drones.
What should I consider when buying a micro drone?
- Easy to use. With a micro drone, you just want to pick up the controller and fly. And that’s exactly what these drones are made for.
- Durability. Because you fly around in your house and probably crash it from time to time, you should make sure that the drone is durable and not immediately broken after a small accident. The drone should be able to withstand a few crashes. Protective guards for the propellers should be considered one of the most essential components of any micro drone. You are likely to hit objects with your propellers quite frequently when flying indoors.
- These drones have a relatively short flight time. The majority of these drones can stay airborne for approximately ten to fifteen minutes. You should invest in a drone that has the capacity to remain in the air for as long as possible so that you are not required to replace the batteries constantly.
- You need extra batteries no matter what. Except if you only want to fly for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- You should seriously consider purchasing two or more of these micro drones just in case one of them malfunctions.
The 3 best micro drones (in no specific order):
1. Eachine E013 Mikro FPV Racing Quadcopter
This is definitely one of the best micro drones currently available. But it isn’t just a little toy drone for kids; rather, it’s a micro FPV racing drone that comes with FPV goggles already included in the package. If you want to have some serious fun with this drone, you should build an obstacle course in your living room and try to fly through it as quickly as you can by seeing the drone from the first-person view through the FPV goggles. This is nothing but pure excitement.
However, the drone is not only great for flying indoors. You can also fly it outside and race through your garden at high speed. Simply put, flying this drone is a lot of fun, but it also makes an excellent practice drone for people who are already interested in FPV racing.
Compared to most other micro drones, this model also has a lot of nice features designed to make flying easier.
- As mentioned earlier, it is extremely beneficial if your propellers are protected, especially when flying indoors. This drone is equipped with an anti-collision ring around the propellers (As you can see on the image).
- Because this drone has a feature that lets you flip it 360°, you can perform some really cool stunts with it.
- With the “One Key Return” feature, you are able to bring the drone back to you without having to manually do so by simply pressing a button on the remote control.
- The drone features a headless mode to make flying easier.
- The fact that FPV goggles are already included in the package means that you can immediately begin flying, which is very impressive given the low cost of the product.
- The drone is equipped with a 1000TVL camera with real-time transmission.
- Very athletic drone for FPV racing beginners
- Comes with FPV goggles
- Very good price
- Good camera quality
- Extremely fun to fly
- Short flight time, extra batteries required
A high-quality micro racing drone that is great for people who are interested in FPV racing or who simply want to have some fun with a nimble drone.Check Price!
2. LS-MIN Mini
This cool little drone is just what you need if you’ve ever been curious about what it’s like to pilot a drone. This inexpensive quadcopter is the ideal way to determine whether or not you actually enjoy flying drones before you spend hundreds, or even thousands of dollars on a more sophisticated model.
This quadcopter is an excellent choice for beginner pilots. The performance of this micro drone is impressive considering its low cost, and it’s a lot of fun to pilot. It is easy to fly with this model.
In addition to that, I think that it looks pretty cool.
This drone is already extremely compact, but it is foldable and therefore even smaller. This makes the drone extremely easy to carry. It even fits into your pocket.
I have used this model as a beginner drone and have crashed into the wall about 27 times; however, the drone still works.
Of course, you can’t record super clear 4K videos with this camera, but I think that should be obvious to everyone. However, it is enough to learn how to fly as a beginner.
This super cheap drone also has a lot of extra features.
- Easy to carry. This drone is very compact and foldable. You can carry it very easily.
- Up to 13 minutes of flight time, for a micro drone, that’s above average.
- Stable flight made possible by altitude hold mode.
- Comes with cool LED lights for flying in the dark.
- If you lose sight of the drone, you can bring it back with the One Key Return feature.
- Very easy to pilot and therefore perfect for beginners
- Good flight time
- Very robust drone – can survive several crashes
- Propeller guards present
- There is no camera stabilizer
Perfect for people who are looking for a drone to learn how to fly and find out if they are ready to invest in a larger and more expensive model.Check Price!
3. Eachine E008
Another fantastic entry-level drone from Eachine. The model is very small and light, but it comes equipped with all of the features required to have a genuine good time. Because it has a headless mode, the drone is always stable in the air – except if you fly the drone in a strong wind, which, given its light weight, I can’t recommend. It is simple to fly and is an excellent choice for new pilots just starting out.
This compact model even comes with obstacle avoidance, which is a very useful feature considering that you will most likely want to fly the drone mostly indoors, where there are a lot of obstacles. The propellers also have protection so that you won’t always need to buy new ones if you collide with something.
Additionally, you can begin flying with this quadcopter as soon as you open the packaging because it arrives ready to fly (RTF).
- The drone is compact, lightweight, and simple to control.
- You can do funny 360° flips.
- Available in two colors, blue or red.
- It Has an obstacle avoidance feature, especially useful for flying indoors.
- It also has One-Key return feature and headless mode.
- Small drone with many features
- Great price
- Especially the safety features are useful
- Comes with 4 spare propellers, although the propellers are well protected
- Short flight time of 5-6 minutes, needs extra batteries.
The Eachine E008 is the perfect choice for anyone looking to enter the world of drones. A good drone that is very fun to operate and even comes with a few great features.Check Price!
How do micro drones compare to other types of drones?
Beginners who are not quite ready to take the plunge with a more expensive drone will find that micro drones are an excellent option. These inexpensive drones obviously aren’t designed to take high-quality photographs. These drones are designed for fun, and you can fly them without fear of damaging an expensive drone. Even though I now spend most of my time flying my Mavic, I still enjoy flying these tiny drones in my living room. You can perform risky aerial maneuvers and fly at high speeds through an obstacle course without worrying too much about breaking anything.
These were the top three micro drones; enjoy your drone and try not to crash it into the living room table right away, please.